Become a Certified Clinical Aromatherapist with the best affiliations in the world, The International Federation of Professional Aromatherapists - England and The National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy - USA
Here, at The Holistic Alternatives, we are committed in providing you with the best education possible. The main aim of THA is to enable candidates to study and be able to become professional Essential oil Blenders and Clinical Aromatherapists after they complete the full curriculum.
Aromatherapy is a treatment designed to help maintain physical, emotional and spiritual wellbeing by the correct application of pure essential oils. Whether you are new to the study of ‘Natures Pharmacy’ or have had years of experience using them, this course curriculum is an exciting and fun way to deepen your knowledge further in the science and the art of Aromatherapy.
- If you have Acquired Prior Learning (APL), please get in touch with Support
What will you gain by doing this program?
- Develop a career in Clinical Aromatherapy
- Comprehend the research that is behind essential oils and how they work from a scientific point of view
- Learn how essential oils work efficiently for natural healing to take place
- Gain confidence in helping people with the powerful blends you create
- Understand how far aromatherapy has come in helping people with physical, emotional and spiritual issues.
- Understand how to blend using the chemistry of essential oils for emotional healing, fragrance blending and so much more
- Learn how to become a master formulator - Aromatherapy is not always integrated with massage – there are many ways that essential oils can be used for positive effects.
- Use your knowledge of essential oils to create bath salts, salves, body oils, perfumes, face blends and so much more.
- Understand how the chemical constituents of essential oils work together
- Understand the main pharmacodynamics, pharmacokinetics and toxicology of essential oils
- Understand about the safety of each individual essential oil and base oil - which is imperative in this field
- Learn how you can support, babies, children, pregnancy and lactation, the elderly, vulnerable children/adults and cancer care.
As you proceed further into the curriculum, you will also:
- Learn how to complete quantitative and quantitative research on each individual essential oil
- Understand how Business Awareness supports you when you commence on your journey as a Clinical Aromatherapist.
- Gain practical experience by completing your case studies and increase your knowledge into different ailments your clients come to see you for.
- Reinforce your learning by completing assignments on different topics that we cover after each module
- Immediately become student members of the Federation as you will receive the many benefits as members (This is included in your tuition fee)
- Be acknowledged by clients for being professionally certified as a Clinical Aromatherapist
- Gain employment in health and wellness centres, salons, spas, cruise liners, NHS trust and various other segments of the health industry. Many practitioners create their own brands and products for sales worldwide, after graduation.
What is included in your curriculum:
- The study of 66 essential oils, 20 Base oils and 4 Macerated base oils.
- A welcome orientation video together with 27 modules. These are accessible 24/7 in our easy to use online classroom
- 142 detailed videos covering the full curriculum (except Anatomy/Physiology/Pathology)
- Face to Face (3 Hour) classes with The Holistic Alternative Tutors. First in-person class being on 5th November 2022 - 10.00 am to 1.00 pm. Thereafter, every first Saturday of the month for a total of 9 lessons. THIS IS ONLY AVAILABLE TO STUDENTS LIVING IN U.A.E.
- LIVE CLASSES WILL ONLY BE HELD IN DUBAI, U.A.E.
- Live Q & A’s as needed
- Blending videos, formulations and personal blends used by our founder Sunita Teckchand and The Holistic Alternative Team educators.
- Student membership for The International Federation of Professional Aromatherapists - England
- Anatomy/Physiology/Pathology online class with ETS Tutors
- Detailed sheets of each essential oil and base oil for you to print and keep
- All the notes from every module from the‘History of Aromatherapy’ to the ‘Spiritual Paradigm’, can be downloaded and printed.
- 15% off ‘eSSensuals’ brand organic essential oils and base oils (available only to those who live in the U.A.E.)
- A list of resources, suppliers in your area of good quality products and bases
- A list of professional aromatherapy affiliations and organisations and journals you can subscribe to
Upon registration students will be able to download the course curriculum and other handouts that would be required from Module 1
You will have full access to our online platform, where we encourage students to share their thoughts, questions, experiences in our Forum. The Forum is there to discuss subjects, blends and other ideas with students. Get quick responses from the teachers to support them in their journey to becoming certified Clinical Aromatherapists. Q & A’s are also available to all students attending the face to face classes once a month
As an online platform with blended learning students should complete the modules as recommended in the schedule provided for the in-person classes. You will have 3 years access to these modules and upon completion of all modules, assignments, test papers and case studies, students will receive an International Diploma, to be able to practice as Clinical Aromatherapists anywhere in the world. This Diploma will be issued by The Holistic Alternatives and sent to The International Federation of Professional Aromatherapists to receive the International Diploma.
All students thereafter, are recommended to apply for full membership to IFPA and NAHA.
Who is this program for:
- Open to anyone interested in a career as a Clinical Aromatherapist or use these precious oils in their existing career
- Life coaches, Wellness coaches, Healers, Educators, Massage Therapists and more
- Nurses, Physiotherapists, Doctors, Naturopaths and any Health care practitioner
- Anyone who wants a career in natural healthcare, alternative medicine or complementary medicine
- Anyone who would like to learn how to be a professional formulator, whether it is to use for their family members or take it on as a career
- Anyone who creates bath products, skincare products, body care products, perfumes and more
The Holistic Alternatives team